Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas 2015

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2015, C. Burke.

Merry Christmas! Answers on New Year's!

This was an interesting exercise for me, too. Besides finding good words to use, I originally had eight words, but then realized I only needed seven of them.

After that, I realized that I could have used even fewer if I employed ratios into the mix because the puzzle doesn't actually require you to find all the individual letters.

For example, if you knew the product of CL or CLU without knowing what, say, C was, you would be fine. But I didn't want to use the word CULT in a Christmas puzzle.

If anyone wants to submit a list of fewer than 7 words which can be used to solve this puzzle, I'd like to see it.

Merry Christmas!




Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.




2 comments:

Edderiofer said...

If SANTA = x, and CLAUS = y, what is SANTA + CLAUS?

Welp, I tried.

(x, why?) said...

Yes, you did.