Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Song Color Wheel

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2014, C. Burke.

Given that it's the color of the season, you'd think that there'd be a song called Red Christmas.
Yeah, there's a parenthetical EP by The Killers, but that's not what we're talking about here.

Also, I'm aware that the song is just called "Heat Miser", but that wouldn't have been as amusing.

The color wheel above is, more or less, from the Magic: the Gathering game, where each colors have two ally color and two opposing colors. Over the years since I stopped playing it, they've elaborated on that, or so I hear.

Likewise, I stopped regularly reading comics before there was an entire color spectrum for Green Lantern, but I couldn't find a good way to illustrate R-O-Y-G-B-I-V along with Black and White (and white was needed for Bing's song). Moreover, there'd be a lot more blanks to fill in.




2 comments:

Bill in Boston said...

Rudolph for Red.

Apparently "Orange is the new Black" cast have a Xmas album; "Black Nativity" is a show/album, not a 'track'.

(x, why?) said...

Yeah, looks like I'd have to expand it beyond just "_________ Christmas" as the title.

Funny thing is that when this first occurred to me, I thought I'd find more colors than "White" and "Blue" Christmas. It just seemed like a natural way to create a new Christmas tune.