Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Wiki or Not Wiki. That is a Question.

You may or may not know that there's a wiki page for (x, why?) I don't mention it much, and it hasn't been updated in a couple of years. (What else is new?)

I've been thinking about whether or not to move it over to where my (out-of-date) Archive page page resides. However, if I were to do that, I'd most likely have to make it into another static page, not a wiki page. For one thing, all the links would point back to the current hosting site (including their banner ads), and for another, I wouldn't no how to program a wiki page.

On the other hand, if anyone wants to update the page now (and only one other person ever has, I believe), you have to be a member of Comic Genesis, which based on the utter failure of my Forum on their site, I don't think my readers are all that gung-ho to update my wiki anyway.

So the wiki would basically become just a generic Background page for the characters and the comics. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing exciting about that either.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

1 comment:

GregT said...

I suppose doing something with it is better than letting it toil away? At least, it seems to be on your mind at the moment.

Going in to update the wiki myself is tempting, as I believe I'm a member from the last time I went to your Forum, and I had planned to finally peruse your back issues this summer. (I like the idea of supporting other math comic efforts.) Wouldn't be able to do it for at least another month though.