Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What's Wrong, Son?

(Click on the cartoon to see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2012, C. Burke. All rights reserved.

The biggest lie here would be if I told you that I knew everything going on in this comic.

Okay, it's like this: a month or two ago, I follow a link to an article on lie algebra, so I have a punchline, but I need the setup. Then I see the bit about SO(n). Perfect. If I can make this a Father-Son joke, I have myself a Fathers Day strip.

Except that last week, I research it again, and I can't find the article. Seriously. Google sent me to a wiki page, which, apparently, has been updated in the meanwhile, and the reference isn't there. Moreover, to be honest here, I haven't a clue where or if I actually saw a reference to "dA". What is that? Integration? Matrix algebra? Fevered imagination yearning to finish the joke? No clue.

But I do know one thing.

I know the correct pronounciation of "lie", so you don't need to point that out.




2 comments:

sparkplug54 said...

You've gone WAY over my head. I flunked calculus, 40 years ago.

(x, why?) said...

You can check out this link ... If you dare....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_Lie_groups